Commencement Format: Revised due to weather
6 p.m. Friday, June 11 | OCCC Central County Campus, Newport
Zoom link for Webinar | Click here at 6 p.m. Friday, June 11 to watch live
Or, watch live on the College Facebook page
The 2021 commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, June 11th, at the Oregon Coast Community College Central County Campus, in Newport. Attendance will be limited to one car per graduate. When graduates enter the building, each is permitted to be accompanied by one member of their party.
Revised Commencement Program
• Graduates should arrive by 5:50 p.m.
• Graduates may park anywhere near the Community Room
• Graduates will enter the building through the Community Room doors.
• Opening ceremonies and Commencement addresses – including the student address – will be followed at 6:15 by the presentation of diplomas (see below)
• One friend or family member is welcome to participate with each graduate (For the Nursing Program Pinning Ceremony, beginning at 11 a.m., the smaller group size means each student can be accompanied by up to three friends or family)
• Volunteers will help graduates line up in a safe, socially distanced manner in the hallways
• Graduates will proceed through the hallways, away from wind and rain, and be presented their diploma cover by the President and other dignitaries in the Commons
• After diploma presentation, graduates will have a professional portrait taken and then head back outside
• Friends and family in vehicles in the parking lot while their graduate is in the building can watch the proceedings live via the College’s Facebook page
Oregon Coast Community College Central County Campus, Newport
400 SE College Way | Newport, OR 97366