Credit Students: To be considered for graduation, a student must fill out the Oregon Coast Community College graduation application by clicking here. This must be completed and a student must work with their academic advisor to submit an academic planner to the OCCC Registrar that lists all courses required to complete a student’s degree or certificate. A student who participates in the ceremony will receive an empty diploma cover at the ceremony. A student is expected to monitor their OCCC email account for information about graduation/commencement. Graduates’ diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address submitted via the graduation application within 6 weeks of degree/certificate requirement completion.
Diplomas for degrees/certificates are issued twice a year, at the end of spring term and the end of fall term. Graduates who complete at the end of summer or winter term will receive diplomas at the end of the following (spring or fall) term.
GED Students: Persons who have completed their GED and used OCCC’s testing center or been a student in GED preparation classes at OCCC are eligible to participate in OCCC’s commencement ceremony. Please contact Basic Skills for more information.
ESL Students: ESL students may participate in OCCC’s commencement ceremony. Please contact Basic Skills for more information.
Accommodations: Accommodations can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Welcome to ‘Car-mencement.’
This information will be periodically updated with the latest details about OCCC’s 2021 commencement ceremony.
The 2021 commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, June 11th, outside at the Newport Oregon Coast Community College Central County Campus, in Newport. Attendance will be limited to one car, with three guests, per graduate. Volunteers will direct cars around the parking lot.
- Students should be seated in the front passenger seat.
- Students will be greeted by faculty and escorted to the podium where each student’s name and degree will be announced.
- Students arriving alone will be directed to a convenient parking area and escorted to the podium area.
- Once at the stage, the graduate will walk across the stage, have their name read aloud, receive a diploma cover and then exit the stage.
- After exiting the stage, the graduate will then proceed to their car.
- Once the graduate is back in their car, they will be directed out of the parking lot.
- Due to rigorous safety protocols, graduates and guests will not be permitted to gather on campus following the event.
- Other friends and family will be able to watch the Zoom stream live from home – all graduates will be provided with the link in advance.
- A keepsake video of the event will be available by June 28, 2021 and emailed to all graduates to share with friends and family.
Oregon Coast Community College Central County Campus, Newport
400 SE College Way | Newport, OR 97366
Order Your Cap and Gown
Ordering caps and gowns: Deadline MAY 15, 2021. Details below.
If ordering a cap and gown presents a challenge to you for any reason, please contact student services, at 541-867-8501.