Nervous about beginning your adventure at OCCC? Don’t be.
Simply follow this simple checklist to get started.
Still have questions? Call us at 541-867-8501. You can do this!
Step 1: Get Admitted to Oregon Coast Community College
Apply online, here. The application is free. You will receive an email with access to your My.OregonCoast account and Oregon Coast Community College email within four business days of completing the application.
Step 2: Schedule an academic advising appointment
Make a one-hour appointment with an academic advisor using OCCC’s online scheduling tool, here, to discuss your educational and career plan and which classes to start with. Please bring as many of the following materials as you can with you to this appointment.
- High School Transcripts
- College Transcripts
- ACT and/or SAT Scores (OCCC’s CEEB code: 7456)
- GED Scores
- Smarter Balanced Scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) Subject Area Test Scores
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Test Scores
- Readiness to talk about your educational goals
- A list of questions to discuss
Step 3: Attend the advising appointment you scheduled in Step 2
Keep your appointment. At this one-on-one meeting with your academic advisor you will receive:
- OCCC programs, courses, and requirements
- Your educational and career goals
- Course placement
- Strategies for college success
- Referrals to OCCC services; financial aid, disability services, career and transfer planning.
- Date for your New Student Orientation
Step 4: Attend a new-student orientation
(Required for all new credit students.)
At orientation you will learn more about important services the College provides, College policies, and how to be a successful student. Sign up for the orientation at your advising appointment. Please bring your OCCC login and password.
Step 5: Register for the classes you selected at your new student orientation and academic advising appointment
As a newly accredited independent community college, all new and continuing students must complete a new application for admission before registering for Summer or Fall Term classes.
- Review the schedule of courses for the current term.
- Receive advisor clearance to register for classes (See Steps 2 and 3, above)
- Register for your classes
Step 6: Pay tuition and fees
After registering, tuition and fees can be paid online through your My.OregonCoast account or with our Accounting Specialist, Laura Rosborough. Laura can be reached at 541-867-8551 or email@example.com. Information about payment options and the tuition and fees schedule can be found here.
Financial Aid Information
Log in to your My.OregonCoast account and choose Financial Aid Status from the student resources menu.
- Applying for grants and loans but don’t know where to start? Click on the Financial Aid link on the Student Services tab for more information.
- Interested in Scholarships? The OCCC Scholarship page is here to help. Find information on OSAC, OCCC Foundation scholarships, and more!
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact our financial aid specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-867-8503.
Buy Books and Supplies
Your College Store has everything you need to begin your college career!
You can find what books are required for your courses by visiting the bookstore or the bookstore webpage and looking at this term’s booklist.
Free Tutoring Services
Oregon Coast Community College offers free tutoring for all students in an individual, online, or lab setting. For more information, please contact Dana Gallup at 541-867-8505 email@example.com, or visit the tutoring webpage.
The first step to getting the support you need is to meet with the Vice President for Student Affairs. You can set up this appointment via your advisor, or by contacting Student Services to set up an appointment by calling at 541-867-8501, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or stopping by the front counter at our Newport campus during business hours. For more information on accessibility at OCCC please visit our Student Accessibility Resources page.
OCCC WiredShark Program
If you need a laptop or hotspot, contact the WiredShark Program to reserve the equipment at no charge to you. Contact Student Services at 541-867-8501 or email@example.com for more details.
OCCC Student Government
Get involved now! For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
Thank you for choosing OCCC! If you have any questions, please call Student Services at 541-867-8501.