Nervous about beginning your adventure at OCCC? Don’t be.
Simply follow this simple checklist to get started.
Still have questions? Call us at 541-867-8501. You can do this!
Step 1: Get Admitted to Oregon Coast Community College
Apply online, here. The application is free.
Step 2: Schedule an academic advising appointment
Make a one-hour appointment with an academic advisor using OCCC’s online scheduling tool, here, to discuss your educational and career plan and which classes to start with. Please bring as many of the following materials as you can with you to this appointment.
- High School Transcripts
- College Transcripts
- ACT and/or SAT Scores
- GED Scores
- Smarter Balanced Scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) Subject Area Test Scores
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Test Scores
- Readiness to talk about your educational goals
- A list of questions to discuss
Step 3: Attend the advising appointment you scheduled in Step 2
Keep your appointment. At this one-on-one meeting with your academic advisor you will receive:
- OCCC programs, courses, and requirements
- Your educational and career goals
- Course placement
- Strategies for college success
- Referrals to OCCC services; financial aid, disability services, career and transfer planning.
- Date for your New Student Orientation
Step 4: Attend a new-student orientation
(Required for all new credit students.)
At orientation you will learn more about important services the College provides, College policies, and how to be a successful student. Please bring your OCCC login and password.
Step 5: Register for the classes you selected at your new student orientation and academic advising appointment
As a newly accredited independent community college, all new and continuing students must complete a new application for admission before registering for Summer or Fall Term classes.
- Review the schedule of classes for Fall Term .
- Receive advisor clearance to register for classes (See Steps 2 and 3, above)
- Register for your classes: Fall Term
Step 6: Pay tuition and fees
After registering, tuition and fees can be paid online through your My.OregonCoast account or in person at Student Services. Information about payment options and the tuition and fees schedule can be found here.
Financial Aid Information
Log in to your My.OregonCoast account and choose Financial Aid Status from the student resources menu.
- Applying for grants and loans but don’t know where to start? Click on the Financial Aid link on the Student Services tab for more information.
- Interested in Scholarships? The OCCC Scholarship page is here to help. Find information on OSAC, OCCC Foundation scholarships, and more!
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact our financial aid specialist at email@example.com or call 541-867-8503.
Buy Books and Supplies
Your College Store has everything you need to begin your college career!
You can find what books are required for your courses by visiting the bookstore or the bookstore webpage and looking at this term’s booklist.
Thank you for choosing OCCC! If you have any questions, please call Student Services at 541-867-8501.