Congratulations on taking your first step towards graduating from Oregon Coast Community College! Questions about OCCC’s 2023 commencement can be sent to email@example.com or you may call 541-867-8501 to speak with a staff member.
2023 Commencement Ceremony
Oregon Coast Community College’s Thirty-Fifth annual commencement ceremony will be held at the Newport Performing Arts Center (PAC) on Friday, June 16th at 6pm. The ceremony will be held in-person with a remote viewing option via Zoom. (This is the link to the live Zoom broadcast.)
- Graduates are asked to show up to the PAC at 5pm for a brief rehearsal and to get dressed and line up to begin the ceremony at 6pm. Graduates will be guided to the backstage area where college staff will direct them through rehearsal and help them prepare. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Graduates will be invited to complete a “graduate card” for the speaker on stage, with their name, program/degree completed, and next steps/future plans (if you wish to share).
- Family are recommended to begin arriving half an hour prior to the start of the ceremony, but are welcome to arrive earlier and wait in the auditorium or the lobby.
- Please be sure to have applied for graduation by the deadline below, to be listed in the program.
2023 Pinning Ceremony for the Nursing Program
The Nursing Class of 2023 Pinning Ceremony will be held at the Performing Arts Center from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday, June 16. The event will be held live and in-person, with a live remote viewing option available via Zoom. This is the link to the live Zoom broadcast.
For more details, contact the Nursing and Allied Health Department by phone at 541-867-8548, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for Graduation
Students will need to have completed their application at least 6 weeks prior to graduation for their name to appear in the printed commencement program.
Credit Students: To be considered for graduation, a student must fill out the Oregon Coast Community College graduation application. This should done within the same term the student is completing all requirements for their degree or certificate. Winter and spring graduates are sent diplomas within eight weeks of term completion in spring. Summer and fall graduates are sent diplomas within eight weeks of the end of fall term. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
GED Students: Students who have completed their GED and used OCCC’s testing center or been a student in GED preparation classes at OCCC are eligible to participate in OCCC’s commencement ceremony. Please contact Robert Seal, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ESL Students: ESL students may participate in OCCC’s commencement ceremony. Please contact Robert Seal, email@example.com for more information.
Graduates and/or guests who require American Sign Language or any accommodations for the Commencement Ceremony should email firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. Please note that attendance at a commencement ceremony does not guarantee that your degree has been granted. All degree requirements must be met and verified before diplomas are printed.
Ordering Your Cap and Gown
To order your cap and gown for graduation, you can visit OCCC’s page at Jostens.com (800-874-7464 for Jostens Customer Care) or purchase your cap and gown at Your College Store at the Newport campus closer to graduation (the store will carry a limited selection of grad packs, including cap, gown, and tassel, of varying sizes).
- May 11, 2023 – online ordering deadline for faculty with standard cap, gown, and tassel.
- May 25, 2023 – online ordering deadline for students with standard cap, gown, and tassel.
- Tassel will have the “23” year date and is a platinum/teal two-color tassel.
- Your cap and gown will be shipped by UPS ground to the address provided by you. Do not ship your order to the college.
- Standard cap, gown, & tassel can take 3 weeks + 1 day lead time for delivery, while anything with stoles or hoods can take 5 weeks + 1 day lead time.
- Please keep in mind that commencement will be Friday, June 16 when ordering.
Stoles and Cords
Students who are eligible for honors cords will receive them at the Commencement Ceremony check-in table.
For Identity/cultural Graduation stoles, please complete the form: Identity/cultural Graduation Request. Stoles will be provided at the Cultural and Identity-Based Celebration on June 8th from 3-5pm at the Newport campus.