Updated 21 Dec 2021
Library Spaces & Services:
The OCCC Library will be closed 17 Dec – 2 Jan. The Library does not have an outside Drop-Box, but books and DVDs may be returned at any of the local public libraries during this time. We ask that you hold on to your chromebooks and laptops until the Library re-opens.
OCCC Library – Closed
Study Rooms – Closed
Improve your Computer Skills with OCCC’s NEW Northstar resource!
With Northstar, you can improve your basic digital literacy skills in 3 areas:
- Essential Computer Skills– Basic Computer Skills, Internet Basics, Using Email, Windows 10, Mac OS
- Essential Software Skills– Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Using Technology in Daily Life– Social Media, Information Literacy, K-12 Distance Learning Support, Career Search Skills, Your Digital Footprint
- Take a NorthStar Digital Literacy Assessment to gauge your basic digital skill level
- Access NorthStar Online Learning, to study on your own, online — through instructor-guided Northstar lessons
- Earn digital badges and certificates to add to a resume or show an employer.
- Want your learning progress, assessment results, digital badges, and certificates stored in one place and accessible to you 24/7? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free account!
- Click HERE to set up or log in to your Northstar guest account. If you would like a free OCCC account, email us at: email@example.com
- Get more info in this short YouTube vide: https://youtu.be/Vjd_vePPRWA
The Northstar Digital Literacy project is supported in whole or part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the State Library of Oregon. OCCC Library thanks the State Library of Oregon for making this tool available to our community.
OCCC Library now has Mango Languages for our library card-holders! If you’re interested in supplementing your language studies, or learning a new language on your own, click HERE to see how it works!! When you’re ready for your free account, contact the Library at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kanopy for Faculty and Students:
Search the Online Catalog! Click below!
With this form, you can apply for your card to the Chinook Library Network, which includes Oregon Coast Community College’s collection, as well as those of:
- Clatsop Community College Library
- Tillamook Bay Community College Library
- Siletz Public Library
- Toledo Public Library
- Waldport Public Library
OCCC Library cards may be obtained by completing this Library Card Application. Hard copy application forms may be picked up at the Circulation Office off the Commons in the Central Campus, Newport. Member cardholders are allowed to use the card for borrowing purposes at any of the above-named libraries. Library cards are available free of charge. OCCC books check out for a two-week loan period, while OCCC audiovisual materials check out for a one-week loan period. Other Chinook libraries may have different length checkout periods. Please respect each library’s due dates. Privacy & Confidentiality: The Library gathers the patron’s name, address, phone number and email address for the purposes of circulating library materials. Library card applications are kept in a locked file cabinet, within a locked room accessible only to library staff personnel. Only library staff have access to the applications, and only will access them when an address or telephone number needs to be verified. Library card applications and patron accounts are purged when the library patron no longer wants a library account. Cancellation requires a written notice to the Librarian, along with a valid federal or state photo ID. OCCC Library | 3 Apr 2017, Updated 25 June 20.
Make a Purchase Suggestion
Privacy & Confidentiality: The Library gathers the patron’s name, phone number, and email address for the purpose of checking back with the patron should we have more questions, or to let the patron know whether the purchase was made and when it will be available for check-out. Only the Librarian has access to the suggestion forms, and will delete them when the purchase has been received. Planning for Library and Information Literacy resources is guided by feedback from our users, including faculty, staff, students, and the local community. Please use this form to suggest a resource.
Request and InterLibrary Loan
The OCCC Library offers free InterLibrary loan services to students, faculty and staff. Articles, books, DVDs, and more may be requested. Requested materials may be picked up at the OCCC Central Campus in Newport, or at the North Center in Lincoln City by special request. Privacy & Confidentiality: The Library gathers the patron’s name, phone number,and email address for the purpose of requesting library materials from another library. Paper requests are kept in a locked file cabinet, within a locked room accessible only to library staff personnel. Only library staff have access to the requests, and only will access them to notify the patron that the requested item is available. Paper requests are purged when the the item has been successfully returned to the lending library. Electronic requests are stored on a staff computer within a locked room accessible only to library staff personnel. Electronic requests are deleted once the materials have been returned to the lending library, or when an article has successfully reached the patron. For more information about InterLibrary Loans, see the “Access to and Use of Library Services Policy.” Item Request Forms
Please feel free to contact us in these ways:
- In person at the Library Services Window at the Central County Campus, 400 SE College Way, Newport, OR 97366.
- By email at email@example.com
- By phone at (541) 867-8526
- By using the Ask a Librarian form, at the top of the page
- If you would like to set up a Zoom appointment please let us know– we are happy to provide live assistance via Zoom!