Financial Aid Terms and Conditions of Award Agreement
Recipients of Financial Aid will have completed the ‘Financial Aid Terms and Conditions of Award’ agreement through the Financial Aid Portal. This page summarizes the agreement as a reference.
- I understand the aid as offered is provided to supplement my own payment of my educational costs associated with my attendance at Oregon Coast Community College. I agree to use the funds for my educational expenses as outlined in the student budget and that funds will be made available according to the Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule.
- I understand the financial aid office reserves the right to review or modify my award in determination of my eligibility at any time due to changes in my status, conflicting information in my records, or because of availability of funds. I understand the aid offered is made in good faith; however, may be cancelled or reduced if funds become unavailable.
- I understand that if I am awarded student loans and fail to complete a master promissory note (MPN) for undergraduates and/or entrance counseling at studentaid.gov within 30 days of classes beginning, my loans may be cancelled and I will need to complete a loan revision to have them reinstated.
- I understand I must notify the financial aid office of any changes in name or address, enrollment status or major program of study. I understand these changes may result in an adjustment to my financial aid award.
- I understand that federal regulation restricts the receipt of financial aid funds to attendance at one institution. I understand that under certain conditions I may be concurrently enrolled at two or more institutions, but that I may receive aid at one institution. I understand that receiving aid while attending concurrently at two or more college requires an institutional Consortium Agreement signed by both institutions.
- I understand that I am required to be enrolled in an eligible degree or program offered by the college or a two-year transfer program acceptable for full credit toward a Bachelor’s Degree at a four-year institution.
- I understand that I must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined in the financial aid Standards of Satisfactory Progress policy.
- I understand if I receive an overpayment of funds, withdraw, drop, never attend or stop attending class I may be subject to repayment of financial aid funds. A portion of the tuition refund will be returned to the appropriate financial aid fund. I am responsible for reading and understanding the financial aid Return to Title IV policy. I also understand and agree that the college has the option of withholding transcripts if any repayment remains unpaid.
- In accordance with federal requirements, federal and state drug convictions (but not local or municipal convictions) can disqualify a student from receiving FSA funds. Convictions only count against a student for aid eligibility purposes (FAFSA question 23) if they were for an offense that occurred during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal student aid—they do not count if the offense was not during such a period, unless the student was denied federal benefits for drug trafficking by a federal or state judge. A conviction that was reversed, set aside, or removed from the student’s record does not count, nor does one received when s/he was a juvenile, unless s/he was tried as an adult. Oregon Coast Community College will notify each student who becomes ineligible for federal aid due to a drug conviction. For more information please visit the Federal Student Aid website and if you are unsure whether you should be ineligible for financial aid based on drug conviction please refer to the Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet PDF. Additional questions can be answered by the Financial Aid Department at (541) 867-8525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I understand I am responsible for knowing my Rights as a financial aid student.