What is STEP? What services does OCCC provide?
STEP is the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Training and Employment Program. OCCC provides career coaching, resumé help, assistance navigating scholastic opportunities, and some financial and transportation assistance for eligible students.
Are you eligible for STEP?
- You must be currently receiving SNAP benefits of any amount. Not sure if you are? Click here.
- TANF recipients are not eligible. If your TANF benefits are ending soon, please contact us.
- You must update or create a new iMatchSkills account.
- You must be interested in pursuing training, job search, and/or education opportunities.
- You must be currently attending Oregon Coast Community College.
What can STEP pay for?
- Internet access.
- Cell phone service.
- Rent & household bills.
- Tuition and fees.
- Clothing for interviews or for training and employment purposes.
- Personal hygiene products.
- Bus passes or gas vouchers.
- Auto insurance and repairs.
- Fees, equipment, or supplies for STEP-related activities.
What does STEP not pay for?
- Previous student loans,
- Legal fees.
- Childcare expenses.
- Medical bills.
Is STEP money a type of loan?
STEP money is not a loan and doesn’t need to be paid back.
How do I enroll in the STEP program?
Contact OCCC’s STEP Advisor, Gena Burke, at email@example.com, or by calling 541-867-8558.