Student Success Coach
Students interested in meeting with Lacy on Wednesdays in Newport should email email@example.com
Coaches those interested In:
Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer
Associate of General Studies
Early Childhood Education
K-12 Teacher Pathway
Oregon Coast Community College: Multiple Measures Placement Process
What you need to know
OCCC’s placement process recognizes the success, rigor, and accuracy of high school courses and grades. As a result, we are including high school grades in our placement process.
OCCC’s Placement Process Philosophy
- Understanding that the use of placement testing alone has not been accurately placing students.
- Acknowledging that under-placement is a barrier to student success and completion.
- Developing a process grounded in research and best-practice.
- Creating an equitable and inclusive process.
Multiple Measures Conversation
The placement process at OCCC starts with an initial advising appointment to discuss academic and career goals. The academic advisor uses the following information to place students:
- Cumulative High School GPA as well as specific grades in writing and math courses.
- Smarter Balanced Scores (high school proficiency).
- SAT/ACT scores.
- GED scores.
- Transcripts from previous colleges or universities.
- Past work or academic experience.
- Placement documents created by writing faculty.
- Placement documents created by math faculty.
- Referrals to Math and Writing faculty If additional assessment is needed.
Advising and Student Success Resources
- Academic Calendar (important dates)
- Academic Planner
- Career and Major Exploration
- OCCC Career and Transfer Readiness Center
- Oregon CIS (assessments and career information)
- Oregon Employment Department: Quality Information, Informed Choices
- What Can I do with a Major In…
- What Can I do with a Major In… (2)
- More majors & careers information
- Setting up My.Oregoncoast (How-to-guide)
- Course Registration (How-to guide)
- Dropping a Course (How-to guide)
- Feedback & Complaints
- Financial Literacy
- Math Page and RU Ready4
- OCCC Email
- OCCC Programs
- OCCC Student Handbook