Access to and Use of Library Collections
The Oregon Coast Community College Library provides appropriate access to collections, services, and spaces in alignment with and in support of the College Mission. Failure to comply with the Library’s policies or refusal to follow library staff directives regarding these policies may result in a temporary block or permanent ban from using the Library collections.
Books, Periodicals, Reference and other Materials:
- Anyone may use the books, periodicals, and reference items in Library spaces during our open business hours. Those wishing to check out any circulating materials must possess a Chinook Libraries Network card Please present your student ID or library card at the Library Services window or use the self-checkout at the Library entrance.
- Books check out for two weeks, DVDs and Blu-ray for one week, and periodicals for one week. Newspapers and reference items do not circulate. Items on Course Reserve circulate based on the instructor’s wishes.
- You may renew items online through your library account up to three times. If you are unable to renew one or more items on your account, you’ve most likely encountered one of the following conditions: the renewals have been exceeded, someone else has a hold on that item, the item is overdue.
- Please return materials on time and in good condition. Users will be billed for the actual cost of damaged and non-returned materials, plus a processing fee of $6.00 per item.
- If users owe more than $20.00 in fines or fees, their account will be blocked until payment has been received. Patrons should make arrangements with Library staff on amounts owed and where to pay.
- Faculty and staff have access to the databases through the Teaching & Learning Center in Canvas. Students may use some of the databases from the Library page at: https://www.oregoncoast.edu/databases-research/
- Students have access to the full cadre of databases from within each Canvas course. Click on the Library Resources button on the left side menu to access.
- Contact Library Services at Library Services for assistance or for more information.
- Faculty and staff have access to the ebooks through the Teaching & Learning Center in Canvas.
- Students have access to the ebooks from within each Canvas course. Click on the Library Resources button on the left side menu to access.
- Faculty, staff, and students may check out small equipment from Library Services, or by calling 541-867-8526 or emailing email@example.com to reserve. Students may check out calculators (four hours), laptops (up to one week), and mice and headsets (four hours). Faculty and staff can additionally check out the Kindle Fire and Turning Point clickers, in addition to laptops for up to a week. A list of items available for check-out, including patron restrictions, is available here, or by inquiring at the Library Services window.
OCCC Library | 16 Jun 2020