Lincoln County small businesses invited to govt. contracting workshop in Tillamook
Saturday, Nov. 6 event designed to help coastal firms take advantage of new HUBZone certifications – and other SBA small business designations – to help secure lucrative government contracts
The Tillamook Bay Community College Small Business Development Center and the Economic Development Council of Tillamook County are hosting a workshop Saturday, Nov. 6, to help Lincoln and Tillamook county businesses like yours obtain valuable SBA certifications – which may help you add government contracts to your business portfolio.
Government contracts can boost revenue for all sorts of firms – from landscapers to caterers, from hoteliers to builders, and everyone in-between. The workshop will be held from 8am – 12pm at the Port of Tillamook Bay in the Naval Air Station Mess Hall building.
This workshop will provide first-hand perspectives, information, and lessons learned from Government industry leading law firm Pillsbury-Winthrop-Shaw-Pittman and others on the following topics:
- Registering your firm to do business on government contracts.
- Qualifying and applying for valuable Small Business Administration small business certifications.
- Leveraging Tillamook, Lincoln and other Oregon Counties’ recently acquired status as a Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) designated area to obtain a HUBZone certification for your small business.
- Acquiring and leveraging the SBA’s 8(a) Disadvantaged Small Business certification.
- Acquiring and leveraging the SBA’s Woman-Owned Small Business and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB/EDWOSB) certifications.
- Acquiring and leveraging the SBA’s Veteran-Owned and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB/SDVOSB) certifications.
- Acquiring and leveraging the Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certifications for state government contracts.
This workshop will also provide:
- Direct assistance to attendees interested in starting the application process to one or more of these certification programs.
- Examples and a discussion of federal and state contracts coming up in the next 12 months and available to businesses registered in Oregon under one or more of these powerful small business certification programs.
- Post-workshop 1-on-1 time with members of the Pillsbury-Winthrop-Shaw-Pittman law firm to review and/or answer questions about your business application for one or more of the SBA small business certification programs.
How to register
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided to all attendees. Please register by October 28 via email to Donna Fox of the TBCC SBDC, or via phone at 503-842-8222 ext. 1420. Please include the names of everyone who will be attending and representing your company.