SPA 101: Beginning Spanish
Emphasizes active communication in beginning Spanish. Includes listening, speaking, reading, writing, pronunciation, structure, vocabulary and culture. For beginners.
- Manage basic interactions, in both oral and written forms, in highly predictable settings using basic vocabulary in the present tense.
- Develop circumlocution and inference skills, at a beginning level, when navigating a limited number of real world situations in Spanish.
- Recognize linguistic and cultural diversity within the Spanish-speaking world and how it differs and/or relates to one’s own culture.
- Identify selected historical and cultural movements in the target culture through exposure to literature, art, music, film and/or performing arts in the target language.
- Acquire strategies for analyzing authentic materials in the target language.